FIX EMEA Trading Conference Going Virtual
FIX Trading Community, the non-profit, industry-driven standards body at the heart of global financial trading, announced today that the annual EMEA Trading Conference scheduled for the 18th of September 2020 will be delivered in an immersive virtual format.
— FIXTradingCommunity (@FIXTrading) July 9, 2020
During these challenging times with respect to COVID-19, the safety of our community members is of the utmost importance. For this reason, whilst we are sad that the event cannot be delivered in its usual format, we are excited by the technology that will help deliver the strongest and one of the best conferences possible and the ability to reach a truly global audience.
- Delivering the essential debate – At a time of significant potential change for the industry, at precisely the point when the ability to meet & debate the key issues has been severely disrupted, the FIX EMEA Trading Conference is going virtual and global – delivering the first event of its kind for the industry.
- Created by the industry for the industry – FIX as a non-commercial conference can focus on solving the industry’s challenges through delivering high quality focused content and debate by subject matter experts, harnessing broad industry participation with support from the leading trade associations.
- Beyond Zoom – Leveraging the latest technology, FIX will deliver a fully virtual mixed media conference facilitating a fully interactive and immersive virtual debate – an industry first.
- Expanding the debate across the globe – FIX as the global standards trade association regularly engages the industry in the regulatory debate, this is evident in the seniority and global nature of the contributors to the event.
- Harnessing technology to optimise client interaction and showcase innovation – A full-day, two stream agenda with live streamed mixed media broadcast delivering a combination of engaging and interactive panel sessions, webinars and additional on demand content. A virtual networking lounge allowing to chat with other attendees and a virtual exhibition hall enabling delegates to explore and connect with sponsors, offering one on one meetings, live chat and product demos.
- Overcoming the challenge – this is what FIX does best fostering industry engagement and togetherness in a collaborative manner leaves a better outcome for all participants from the Buy Sides, Sell Side, Venues, Exchanges, Trade Associations, Regulators and Policy Makers across global jurisdictions.
Rebecca Healey, Co-Chair of the EMEA Regional Committee & EMEA Regulatory Subcommittee, FIX Trading Community commented, “From COVID-19 to ESG, implementing regulatory change is increasingly a global requirement. FIX EMEA going virtual and going global creates the opportunity for the first conference of its kind in the industry.”
Matthew Coupe, Co-Chair EMEA Regional Committee & EMEA Regulatory Subcommittee, FIX Trading Community, noted, “By leveraging technology, it has created innovative solutions to deliver the FIX EMEA Trading Conference. The industry needs to come together to interact and contribute to valuable discussions to confront the biggest challenges facing the industry today. Though we may not be there in person, we can still facilitate this important debate.”
Joanna Munro, currently Global CIO, will lead the new combined unit.
Cazenave replaces Verena Ross and is appointed for a five-year term.
The new equities exchange traded an all-time high of $7.91bn dollars on May 11.
The German bank will retain equity capital markets.
Asset managers with the highest ratings for diversity and inclusion outperformed their peers.