MarketAxess Has Record Credit and Open Trading Volume
MarketAxess Holdings Inc., the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, and the provider of market data and post-trade services for the global fixed-income markets, announced monthly trading volume for March 2021 of $689.6 billion consisting of $292.6 billion in credit volume and $397.0 billion in rates volume.
Today we announced fully-electronic trading volume for March 2021 of $689.6 billion consisting of $292.6 billion in credit volume and $397 billion in rates volume. Read the full press release here: https://t.co/4oY6ZVMHl2 #fixedincome #electronictrading $MKTX pic.twitter.com/qJJ2fmztRE
— MarketAxess (@MarketAxess) April 5, 2021
A number of trading volume records were achieved in March 2021, including for the following categories:
- Total credit average daily trading volume of $12.7 billion and total credit trading volume of $292.6 billion
- Open Trading total credit trading volume of $94.4 billion
- U.S. high-grade total trading volume of $145.7 billion
- U.S. high-yield average daily trading volume of $1.9 billion and total trading volume of $43.9 billion
- Emerging markets total trading volume of $64.2 billion
- Eurobonds total trading volume of $36.5 billion
- Municipal bonds total trading volume of $2.1 billion
The Company also reported preliminary variable transaction fees per million (“FPM”) for the quarter ended March 31, 2021 of $180 for U.S. high-grade, $201 for other credit, $191 for total credit and $3.70 for rates. The FPM for the quarter ended March 31, 2021 are preliminary and may be revised in subsequent updates and public filings. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any fee information in future press releases.
The regulator may also modernize rules related to the definition of an exchange.
The firm also reported record emerging markets commission revenue.
Lack of connection between the two markets in China has resulted in poor price discovery and liquidity.
Volumes of sustainable debt surpassed $1.6 trillion in 2021.
The consolidated quote system for corporate bonds has raised funds to expand outside the US.