Rival Enhances Options Algo Functionality
CHICAGO, Dec. 13, 2017 – Rival Systems (Rival), an award-winning provider of trading and risk management software, announced the roll-out this week of new options algorithm design functionality in its Rival Trader platform. The new functionality allows traders to easily design, test and execute options algorithms for futures and equity options with global market data and execution capabilities.
Rival Systems CEO Robert D’Arco said: “Given how rapidly markets change, we believe it’s critical for options traders to have smart logic at their fingertips to remain competitive and maximize opportunities. With our new options algo design feature, Rival Trader users can create advanced logic to dynamically work options orders or quotes in the market without having to write any code. Users can create their algos, run them against live market data to see how they would perform, and apply different algos to individual options, a range of options, or option spreads. Clients can combine this powerful tool with our unparalleled speed to automate and expand their options business.”
The options algorithm design feature – available to all Rival Trader users at no additional cost – enables traders to:
- Create a pool of algorithms that can be selected to run across an unlimited number of options at the same time.
- Develop conditional logic to dynamically work one- or two-sided orders and to set the price and size based on the greeks, underlying and options market data, as well as edge in the market.
- Create unique logic for buying and selling within each algorithm.
- Modify algorithms in real time.
- Automatically apply algorithms when responding to requests for quote (RFQs) and auctions.
- Create logic to automatically join the market if there is enough size, edge and scale size based on a percentage of the market size, a function of edge, or the risk of the option.
- Limit quote and order revisions by easily comparing current vs. previous prices and quantities.
- Create custom, user-defined variables that can be included across all algorithms and updated in real time via the Rival API. Users can quickly update the variables to automatically affect multiple algorithms as desired.
Rival Systems (www.rivalsystems.com) empowers professional traders with the technology and resources required to compete in today’s markets. Rival provides a comprehensive technology solution with award-winning platforms, including: Rival Trader, a sophisticated, ultra-low latency derivatives trading system; Rival API, an algorithmic strategy development framework; and Rival Risk, a fully hosted enterprise risk management platform; as well as extensive training and support. Rival Systems has distinguished itself in the industry through its premier service, exceptional speed and advanced features designed to help users gain an edge in the market.
With Eugene Kanevsky, James Redbourn, and Joanna Wong, CLSA
Credit Suisse execs assess what the lit order book on exchanges tells us -- and what it doesn't.
Automated order-routing process helps the buy side trade more systematically.
Aiden launched last year after being developed jointly by RBC and Borealis AI.
Brokerage firms find that automating processes boosts efficiency and frees up trader bandwidth.