Aquis Exchange Lists in London
PLACING AND PROPOSED ADMISSION TO TRADING ON AIM
Aquis Exchange PLC, the independent, pan-European equities exchange operator and technology service provider, today announces its initial public offering by way of a conditional placing of 4,460,967 new and 7,456,014 existing ordinary shares of 10p each (“Ordinary Shares”) at 269 pence per Ordinary Share (the “Placing Price”) to raise gross proceeds of approximately £32.1 million (the “Placing”).
Liberum Capital Limited is acting as Nominated Adviser, Sole Corporate Broker and Sole Bookrunner in relation to the Placing.
- Based on the Placing Price, the market capitalisation of the Company on admission to trading on AIM (“Admission”) will be approximately £73.0 million.
- The Company has conditionally raised £12.0 million (before expenses) pursuant to the Placing.
- Selling shareholders will receive gross proceeds of approximately £20.1 million pursuant to the Placing. Selling shareholders consist of the Warsaw Stock Exchange, certain Directors and current and former employees and other investors.
- The net proceeds of the Placing will be used by the Company as follows:
– increase investment in sales and marketing to grow the number of Members on Aquis Exchange and their activity levels;
– accelerate the software licensing capabilities with enhanced delivery and support;
– invest in new technology developments;
– cover the costs of its admission to AIM and maintain the applicable governance standards; and
general working capital purposes.
- On Admission, the Company will have 27,149,559 Ordinary Shares in issue and a free float of approximately 84 per cent.
Admission and commencement of dealings in the Ordinary Shares under the ticker AQX are expected to take place at 8.00 a.m. on 14 June 2018.
The Company’s ISIN is GB00BD5JNK30 and its SEDOL is BD5JNK3.
Alasdair Haynes, Chief Executive Officer of Aquis Exchange, said:
“We are delighted to list Aquis Exchange on AIM. Aquis is disrupting the European trading landscape with a unique operating model underpinned by subscription-based pricing and a compelling offer to traders which combines good liquidity with market-leading low levels of toxicity.
There is a clear regulatory drive for greater transparency in trading and a requirement for market-users to show they are using the best possible venue. Aquis is ideally positioned to capitalise on these trends in the years to come. We look forward with confidence and optimism as we begin life as a listed company.”
The Company will also today publish its Admission Document on its website at http://www.aquis.eu/.
Capitalised terms used in this Announcement shall, unless the context provides otherwise, have the same meanings in the Admission Document.
The full terms and conditions of the Placing are set out in the Admission Document.
EU trading venues could have been subject to minimum tick sizes that are larger than on non-EU venues.
Tailoring equity-trading strategies to client specifications is a work in progress.
U.S. large caps were favored over small caps.
MiFID II begets new ways of trading.
Strategist sees silver lining to current clouds.