CBOE LAUNCHES ENHANCED CBOE.COM WEBSITE
December 3, 2014
Website Offers Extensive Resources and Enhanced User Experience
CHICAGO, IL November 17, 2014 — The Chicago Board Options Exchange® (CBOE®) today announced it has released its newly enhanced CBOE.com website, featuring easier navigation and search capabilities, updated and revised educational content, and a responsive design that optimizes desktop, mobile phone and tablet viewing.
“We’re pleased to introduce the next generation of CBOE.com, the world’s ‘go-to’ place for options and volatility information. We strongly believe there is no better place to learn about the industry and products created by CBOE – including equity options, index options, LEAPS and FLEX options, and VIX options and futures – than at CBOE,” CBOE CEO Edward T. Tilly said. “The new CBOE.com reflects our online commitment to provide investors of all levels with unparalleled, state-of-the-art educational and trading resources.”
Key features of the new www.cboe.com include:
- Enhanced design: Streamlined design helps users easily locate trading information and educational resources.
- Mobile-optimization: Web pages easily resize to conform to any format – desktop, smart phone and tablet – for an optimal mobile experience.
- Improved, expanded navigation: Enriched drop-down navigation enables users to view content by section as well as through related links across the entire site. Improved navigation simplifies the ability to return to previously-viewed pages or sections.
- Intuitive search function: An enhanced search function allows users to quickly find and narrow relevant content for their search criteria.
- Featured product section: New and updated product content includes current and historical data, contract specifications and trading strategies, and newly-expanded resources for CBOE’s volatility products.
- CBOE news: Featured news section offers continuously updated trading, market and company news, blogs and videos.
- Updated education and strategy content: Expanded and updated education and strategy tools provide more extensive trading resources. Users can tailor their learning path according to individual skill levels or by product.
For a video tour of the new CBOE.com, visit www.cboe.com and select “Learn More.”
In addition to the release of its enhanced website, in October CBOE released its new application for iPhone and iPad users. “CBOE Mobile” features a variety of basic to advanced interactive educational courses, as well as expanded trading tools, market data and accessibility to CBOE’s social media channels and streaming video from CBOE TV. The CBOE App is available for free in the iTunes App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cboe-mobile/id408732793?mt=8.
About CBOE Holdings:
CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) is the holding company for Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE) and other subsidiaries. CBOE, the largest U.S. options exchange and creator of listed options, continues to set the bar for options and volatility trading through product innovation, trading technology and investor education. CBOE Holdings offers equity, index and ETP options, including proprietary products, such as S&P 500 options (SPX), the most active U.S. index option, and options and futures on the CBOE Volatility Index (the VIX Index). Other products engineered by CBOE include equity options, security index options, Weeklys options, LEAPS options, FLEX options, and benchmark products such as the CBOE S&P 500 BuyWrite Index (BXM). CBOE Holdings is home to the world-renowned Options Institute and www.cboe.com, the go-to place for options and volatility trading resources.
|Media Contacts:||Analyst Contact:|
|Gail Osten||Gary Compton||Debbie Koopman|
|(312) 786-7123||(312) 786-7612||(312) 786-7136|
CBOE®, Chicago Board Options Exchange®, Execute Success®, FLEX®, LEAPS®, CBOE Volatility Index® and VIX® are registered trademarks, and BuyWriteSM;, BXMSM, SPXSM, The Options InstituteSM and WeeklysSM are service marks of Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated (CBOE). Standard & Poor’s®, S&P® and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services, LLC and have been licensed for use by CBOE. Apple®, iPhone®, iPad® and iTunes® are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.