CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
CHICAGO, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) today announced the preliminary shareholder voting results from its 2014 annual meeting.
At the meeting, shareholders:
- elected Terrence A. Duffy, Phupinder S. Gill, Timothy S. Bitsberger, Charles P. Carey, Dennis H. Chookaszian, Martin J. Gepsman, Larry G. Gerdes, Daniel R. Glickman, J. Dennis Hastert, Leo Melamed, William P. Miller II, James E. Oliff, Edemir Pinto, Alex J. Pollock, John F. Sandner, Terry L. Savage, William R. Shepard, Dennis A. Suskind each for a one-year term expiring in 2015.
- ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for 2014;
- approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers;
- approved an amendment to the CME Group Inc. Director Stock Plan; and
- approved an amendment to the CME Group Inc. Incentive Plan for the Named Executive Officers.
Shareholders did not approve the proposal to amend the CME Group Certificate of Incorporation to modify the director election rights of certain Class B shareholders, which would have resulted in a reduction in the number of “Class B directors” from six to three.
In addition, the company’s Class B-1 shareholders elected Jeffrey M. Bernacchi, Bruce F. Johnson and Howard J. Siegel for one-year terms, Class B-2 shareholders elected Ronald A. Pankau and David J. Wescott for one-year terms and Class B-3 shareholders elected Steven E. Wollack for a one-year term, each ending in 2015.
The official results and voting percentages for each of these proposals will be disclosed in a report to be filed early next week with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world’s leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.