CME Group Volume Reaches All-Time Daily High of 39.6 Million Contracts on October 15
Eurodollar Futures Nearly Doubles Prior Record with 11.5 Million Contracts Traded
Oct 16, 2014
CHICAGO, Oct. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, reached a record high in single-day volume with 39,567,064 contracts traded across all asset classes on October 15, 2014, shattering the previous record of 26,947,300 contracts set on May 29, 2013.
CME Group also confirmed records in daily trading volume for the following:
- Electronic trading on CME Globex reached 35,067,597 contracts surpassing the previous record of 23,537,737 set on May 29, 2013.
- Interest Rate futures and options combined reached 25,088,750 contracts surpassing the previous record of 19,417,635 set on May 29, 2013.
- Eurodollar futures reached 11,532,544 surpassing the previous record of 6,880,382 set on Sept. 17, 2014.
- CME Group total options combined traded 7,281,248 surpassing the previous record of 5,933,963 set on June 24, 2013.
- Equity Index options hit 1,791,507 surpassing the previous record of 1,159,176 set on August 1, 2014.
- E-mini S&P 500 options traded 1,567,655 surpassing the previous record of 1,056,013 set on August 1, 2014.
- E-mini $5 Dow futures traded 536,266 contracts passing the previous record of 507,899 set on October 10, 2008.
- Nikkei 225 Yen futures traded 144,717 contracts surpassing the previous record of 141,291 set on June 13, 2013.
- E-mini Nasdaq 100 options traded 36,337 contracts surpassing the previous record of 29,966 set on April 11, 2014.
CME Group’s Interest Rate and Equity Index contracts are listed by and subject to the rules of CBOT and CME.
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the world’s leading central counterparty clearing providers, which offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded contracts and over-the-counter derivatives transactions. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk.
CME Group is a trademark of CME Group Inc. The Globe Logo, CME, Globex and Chicago Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and the Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are registered trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. KCBOT, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of The Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (NASDAQ: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group
For further information: Media, Michael Shore, 312.930.2363, or Alex Gorbokon, 312.930.3193, email@example.com, www.cmegroup.mediaroom.com, or Investors, John Peschier, 312.930.8491