CurveGlobal Celebrates First Anniversary09.27.2017
CurveGlobal, the interest rate derivatives venture launched by London Stock Exchange Group in partnership with a number of major dealer banks* and another exchange, CBOE, today celebrates its first year of operation. The platform has seen 1.5 million lots traded since its launch in September 2016, with over 40% of this achieved in the last 3 months.
Andy Ross, Chief Executive of CurveGlobal said: “As we celebrate our first year in business, CurveGlobal has already proven itself to be a highly efficient venue for derivatives trading; offering genuine choice and liquidity to the market. As we grow volumes and add participants, CurveGlobal continues to provide much needed competition in the futures markets. Our Open Access platform provides margin and capital efficiencies, giving firms choice into where they execute and clear their interest rate derivatives trades.”
- 1.5 million lots traded since launch
- First 100,000 lots took 41 business days; most recent 100,000 lots was achieved in just 8 business days
- Over 40% of volume has come in the last 3 months
- First mid-price block trade was created on 14 September 2017
- Deep order book liquidity, at-the-touch order size 1000’s of contracts in white/red/green expiries
- Best Execution under Mifid II – best at-the-touch price on CurveGlobal 94.96% of the time
*Major dealer banks: Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citi, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and Societe Generale
The partnership marks a major step towards developing a liquid interest rate curve in crypto.
CME reported that open interest in SOFR options also reached a record.
The ability to track volatility across multiple asset classes has never been more important.
The exchange will use a price time-model and is expected to launch in early 2023.
GreenTrees is the number one reforestation program operator in the US by credit issuance.