Equity Funds See Record Inflow05.12.2021
In April, British investors added record new capital to equity funds for the second month in a row. Net inflows hit a record £2.98 billion and took the year-to-date total to £7.93bn, easily the best start to a year since Calastone began recording figures in 2015. The last six months have seen four of the best months of inflows to equity funds on record. At 55.7, Calastone’s FFI:Equity was the most positive reading since April 2020.
Latest in from our FFI: In April, British investors added record new capital to #equity #funds for the second month in a row. Net inflows hit a record £2.98 billion and took the year-to-date total to £7.93bn: https://t.co/dymc6XZPZB pic.twitter.com/IbLTdLSI9m
— Calastone (@CalastoneLtd) May 12, 2021
Key highlights from this month’s FFI:
- Record inflows see £2.98bn added to global equity funds in April – marking the second consecutive month of record inflows into equities
- The last six months have seen four of the best on record for equity fund inflows
- Year-to-date total inflows into equity funds reached £7.93bn – the best on record since the FFI launched in 2015
- Investors favour global, North American and UK funds, with demand for European equity funds waning
- Active funds continue to fight back hard against passives, seeing more inflows in five of the last six months – in April active inflows came in comfortably higher than passive
- ESG has contributed to active management recently, but in April conventional active funds easily won out
- Total inflows across all asset classes hit a record £6.1bn in April
Janus Henderson traders use a broad spectrum of electronic tools to optimize the search for liquidity.
Florida CFO said ESG standards are being pushed by BlackRock for ideological reasons.
The new regime requires a new investment playbook involving more frequent portfolio changes.
DWS will hold a stake of 30% in the new company.
More than 220 investors representing $30 trillion in AUM have signed up to 'Advance.'