Fidessa debuts new Canadian trading platform
Greater flexibility and transparency enable users to meet growing complexities of Canadian trading landscape
Toronto, July 18, 2012 – Fidessa group plc (LSE: FDSA), provider of high-performance trading, investment management and information solutions for the world’s financial community, has today announced the latest version of its Canadian trading platform. Aimed at empowering businesses so they can operate in and take full advantage of the ever-evolving Canadian trading landscape, this version has already been deployed across 90 percent of Fidessa’s Canadian customers, which include eight of the top ten financial institutions in the country.
The platform offers integrated access to historical data and analytics to deliver superior performance, and now has a sleek, new user interface that provides increased transparency, greater flexibility and improved ease-of-use. Unlike other solutions that combine multiple products to offer a supposed “complete” offering, Fidessa’s Canadian trading platform includes fully-integrated trade, order and position management, advanced trading tools, IOI / trade advert capabilities, middle-office and connectivity services all in one platform. Users can connect to global venues, their buy- and sell-side clients and their back-office systems. Key enhancements of this latest version include:
· Enhanced Look & Feel: A sleek, new user interface which serves as the control center for the trading platform and provides clean, transparent tracking and greater ease-of-use.
· Enriched Market Access: Enriched Canadian market access strategies, which allow users to pre-define multiple trading strategies for use either direct to venues or via the Fidessa smart order router, which consistently obtains close to a 100 percent hit rate on displayed liquidity.
· Configurable DMA: Streamlined ability to expose multiple trading strategies for electronic DMA clients.
· Expanded Multi-Asset Class Trading: Support for Canadian futures/options and US equity options
· Fragulator Integration: Multi-post profiles which enable users to post remaining stocks across numerous venues using 7-day or 30-day historic trading data from the Fidessa Fragulator®, providing detailed analysis of where trading in particular stocks or indices takes place.
· Crossing Opportunities: Opportunity crossing functionality which empowers traders to easily identify potential trading opportunities by matching live order information to current and historic client interest within the system.
Ritesh Patel, Director of Client Services at Fidessa Canada, said, “As the new norm of fragmented, globalized, multi-asset trading takes hold, the total cost of ownership of trading products and services has come under extreme scrutiny. At Fidessa, we strive to give our customers the trading solutions that are necessary for optimal performance and remain committed to great customer service and an aggressive research and development schedule. Each new product is built on the foundation of an existing solution and set up to integrate seamlessly with new ones so our customers aren’t slowed down by lengthy upgrades or incompatible systems. This allows them to concentrate on their core trading business and stay far ahead of the competition.”
The Fidessa Intelligence initiative, announced in January 2012, is aimed at making a comprehensive suite of analysis tools available to Fidessa’s community of buy-side and sell-side firms so they can make better sense of their trading environment, identify new opportunities, fine-tune their execution activity in real-time, and independently measure and benchmark their overall trading performance. The integration of historical data and analytics in this latest version of the Canadian trading platform is a core part of this larger initiative.
– ends –
About Fidessa group
Exceptional trading, investment and information solutions for the world’s financial community.
New technology, new regulation, new challenges: making money in today’s financial markets is all about staying ahead of the curve. Having the capability to spot new trends and act fast turns change into opportunity. That’s why 85% of the world’s premier financial institutions trust Fidessa to provide them with their multi-asset trading and investment infrastructure, their market data and analysis, and their decision making and workflow technology. It’s also why $10 trillion worth of transactions flow across our global network each year. Because we’re the market leader, we can also offer unique access to the world’s largest and most valuable trading community of buy-side and sell-side professionals, from global institutions and investment banks to boutique brokers and niche hedge funds.
Fidessa is a global business with scale, resilience, ambition and expertise. We’ve delivered around 30% compound growth since our stock market listing in 1997 and we’re recognised as the thought leader in our space. We set the benchmark with our unrivalled set of mission-critical products and services and, uniquely, serve both the buy-side and sell-side communities. Ongoing investment in our leading-edge, integrated solutions ensures Fidessa remains the industry’s number one choice.
For further information, please contact:
+1 212 520 4243
Aspectus PR (PR agency)
+1 646 274 1348