Haitong Futures Deploys FlexFutures Trading Platform05.28.2013
Will Connect to the Shanghai Futures Information Technology’s (SFIT) Comprehensive Transaction Platform
Great Neck, NY, May 27, 2013 — FlexTrade Systems, Inc., a global leader in broker-neutral, multi-asset execution and order management trading systems, today announced that Haitong Futures Co, Ltd., a subsidiary of Haitong Securities, has deployed FlexFutures, its state-of-the-art futures trading system, to connect to the Shanghai Futures Information Technology’s Comprehensive Transaction Platform, which will grant Haitong Futures’ clients one-stop English, algo-based access to the following derivatives exchanges: Shanghai Futures Exchange (SHFE), Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE), Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange (ZCE) and China Financial Future Exchange (CFFEX).
“We often hear clients asking for a good English trading system,” said Lili Wang, Manager of Haitong Futures International Department in Shanghai. “Haitong Futures is well known for pursuing the fastest and most effective IT systems, so one of our goals is to provide a professional one-stop English platform for QFIIs, hedge funds and other international investors for trading in China’s futures markets. After a detailed study, we chose FlexFutures to satisfy our clients’ demand for manual click trading and algo trading.”
Built to seamlessly integrate with order management systems and other proprietary or third-party systems, FlexFutures comes fully integrated with many rules-based trading strategies, including Pairs, Calendar Spreads and Iceberg, as well as synthetic and contingent order types that are designed to reduce market impact and slippage, minimize risk, and improve trading performance. It is fully scalable and configurable for multiple users over a network, and every user can customize the look of his or her screen.
“We are delighted that Haitong Futures has chosen FlexFutures,” said Manish Kedia, Managing Director of FlexTrade Systems Pte. Ltd. in Singapore. “As derivatives markets become more automated in China, it’s critical for firms such as Haitong Futures to use trading technology platforms such as FlexFutures to help their international clients trade futures in China’s derivatives markets while reducing market impact and minimizing slippage.”
Key features of FlexFutures include:
- Ability to create and integrate customized execution algorithms and trading strategies while maintaining complete market anonymity and confidentiality.
- Single-click or auto trading for spreads and other multi-legged trades.
- Highly customizable GUI that allows traders to view the markets in a wide variety of ways.
- Available as a global ASP solution with fully-linked data centers in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Frankfurt, London, NY, Chicago and Sao Paulo.
- Electronic trade blotter for managing voice-brokered transactions.
- Ability to manage allocations and broker restrictions in real-time.
- Open architecture that provides APIs in C, C++, Java, .NET and COM for black box trading and full integration with in-house order- and risk-management systems.
- Full integration with FlexTrade’s FlexTRADER, FlexFX and FlexOPT trading solutions providing for multi- and cross-asset class algorithmic trading in futures, equities, foreign exchange and equity options from a single screen.
About Haitong Futures Co., Ltd.
Haitong Futures Co., Ltd., a professional futures company approved by the China Securities Regulatory Commission in 1993 and registered by the State Administration of Industry and Commerce with 1 billion RMB registered capital, is a subsidiary of Haitong Securities(SHA:600837). In 2012, the subsidiary was rated Grade A within the Category A per the related categorized rating system. Haitong Futures has the full membership of Shanghai Futures Exchange, Dalian Commodity Exchange and Zhengzhou Commodity Exchange, and has the clearing and trading membership of China Financial Futures Exchange. It was among the first futures companies that won the qualification of futures investment consulting business and asset management business.
About FlexTrade Systems, Inc.
Founded in 1996, FlexTrade Systems Inc. is the industry pioneer in broker-neutral algorithmic trading platforms for equities, foreign exchange and listed derivatives. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, FlexTrade has a worldwide client base spanning more than 175 buy- and sell-side firms, including many of the largest investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers. For more information, visit FlexTrade Systems at www.flextrade.com or follow news of the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/flextrade or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/flextrade?trk=top_nav_home.