ICE Has Record Futures and Options Open Interest06.15.2021
Intercontinental Exchange, a leading global provider of data, technology, and market infrastructure, announced record open interest of 85.8 million contracts on June 10, 2021.
OI across ICE’s global environmental complex ⬆️ 16% y/y at approx. 2.8 million contracts 🌳.
EUA futures and options OI ⬆️ 22% y/y and the North American physical environmental complex is at record OI of more than 1 million contracts.
Read more >>> https://t.co/F3P8xvZWWP
— ICE (@ICE_Markets) June 14, 2021
The record depth of liquidity across ICE’s markets is being driven by products including:
- ICE Low Sulphur Gasoil, the global benchmark for refined products, open interest is up 22% year-over-year (“y/y”) across futures and options;
- ICE TTF natural gas futures, which is at record open interest of 1.96 million contracts, up 21% y/y;
- Interest Rate futures and options open interest is up 32% y/y. Open interest in Sterling and SONIA futures and options is up 54% y/y and by more than 200% y/y, respectively; Euribor open interest is up 7% y/y; and open interest in ICE Gilt futures and options, the highly liquid market benchmark for UK Government Bonds, is up 37% y/y;
- Open interest across ICE’s global environmental complex is up 16% y/y at approximately 2.8 million contracts, reflecting the importance of ICE’s environmental markets to price climate risk. EUA futures and options open interest is up 22% y/y and the North American physical environmental complex is at record open interest of more than 1 million contracts; and
- Open interest in Coffee and Cotton futures and options is up 6% and 16% respectively y/y.
ICE started by digitizing the energy markets to provide greater price transparency. Today, our global exchanges and clearing services connect participants across major asset classes. Built on a foundation of expertise, extensive and varied data sets and execution technology, our global network spans the financial system. We help market participants invest, hedge and raise capital with comprehensive market and reference data tools, supported by ICE’s trusted clearing risk frameworks.
The first amendments to the CFTC's swap data reporting rules come into effect on December 5.
CEDX is planning to expand its range of products in 2023, subject to regulatory approvals.
The paper proposes a path forward for standard SLD documentation.
Exchange group’s crypto suite has had consistent volume and open interest growth.
The derivatives venue owned by FTX wanted to offer products that were not fully collateralized.