Innovator Lists S&P500 Defined Outcome ETFs08.08.2018 By John D'Antona Editor, Traders Magazine
CHICAGO, IL August 8, 2018 — Innovator Capital Management, LLC (Innovator) announced today the listing of the Innovator S&P 500 Defined Outcome ETFs – July Series on Cboe. The Innovator Defined Outcome ETFs seek to offer investors exposure to the S&P 500 Price Return Index (S&P 500) to a Cap, with downside protection levels (or “buffers”) of 9%, 15%, or 30% over an Outcome Period of approximately one year, at which point each ETF will reset. This is the first time investors will have access to structured outcomes through the ETF vehicle. The result is an efficient product suite that seeks the following benefits:
- Defined downside protection levels
- Exposures to S&P 500 upside performance
- Low cost, flexible, liquid, and transparent
- No credit risk
- Resets annually and can be held indefinitely
“No other ETFs in the market today seek to offer investors defined exposures to the S&P 500, where the downside protection level, upside growth potential, and outcome period can all be known, prior to investing,” said Bruce Bond, Chief Executive Officer of Innovator Capital Management. “Historically, the defined (or structured) outcome space has been dominated by bank and structured insurance products. Today, we are delivering outcome based investing in a way that is more accessible, liquid, transparent, and cost-effective than ever before.”
Innovator S&P 500 Defined Outcome ETFs
Each Innovator S&P 500 Defined Outcome ETF seeks to provide investors defined exposure to the S&P 500, where the downside protection level, upside growth potential to a Cap, and Outcome Period are all known, prior to investing. The Fund will invest substantially all of its assets in FLexible EXchange® (FLEX®) Options on the S&P 500. FLEX Options are customizable exchange-traded option contracts guaranteed for settlement by the Options Clearing Corporation.
The return profiles for the July Series of Innovator Defined Outcome ETFs are listed below:
* The Cap is shown in the table above gross and net of the 0.79% management fee. The Cap for each Fund is set at the beginning of the Outcome Period, and is dependent upon market conditions at that time. Upon Fund launch, Innovator will provide important Fund information related to the potential outcomes of an investment in a Fund (including the Cap) on a daily basis via its website (www.innovatoretfs.com). “Cap” refers to the maximum potential return, before fees and expenses, if held over the full Outcome Period. “Buffer” refers to the amount of downside protection, before fees and expenses, over the full Outcome Period. Outcome Period is the intended length of time over which the defined outcomes are sought.
** The initial Outcome Period for the Innovator Defined Outcome July Series ETFs is less than 12 months to allow the period to conclude on June 30, 2019, at which point the Funds will resume their respective anticipated 12-month Outcome Periods, each beginning on July 1st.
The Innovator S&P 500 Buffer ETF (BJUL) is not yet available for investment.
ETFs and ETPs industry will turn 30 years old on March 9.
Investing in ETFs in 2020 will require a balanced and steady approach.
SIX now has 19 tradable ETPs with more than half having a crypto currency as underlying.
This instrument is first backed by US cannabis companies.
US equities lead the way.