JP Morgan Maintains Top Spot for Investment Banking Fees01.06.2022
“Investment banking fees reached US$159.4 billion during full year 2021, posting a 22% increase compared to full year 2020 and the strongest annual period for global IB fees since records began in 2000. Fees during the fourth quarter of 2021 totaled US$39.4 billion, on par with the third quarter of this year. The Americas contributed 53% of all fees generated globally with US$84.7 billion, a 26% uptick compared to 2020 levels and the highest percentage since 2013. Imputed fees in the EMEA region increased 24% to US$35.4 billion during full year 2021, driven by year-over-year gains in the United Kingdom and France. Powered by a 10% increase in North Asia, total IB fees in Asia-Pacific and Japan hit US$39.3 billion with a 12% uptick compared to 2020,” comments, Matt Toole, Director, Deals Intelligence, Refinitiv
— Deals Intelligence (@Dealintel) January 5, 2022
Refinitiv Deals Intelligence full year 2021 reports analyze global Investment Banking, M&A, Capital Markets, Syndicated Loans and Municipals activity along with a special supplemental overview of the SPAC market.
- Global Investment Banking Review (view report here)
- Global Investment Banking Fees Set Full Year Record
- Record Fees Across All Investment Banking Products
- Top Three Banks Increase Collective Wallet Share by 2.2 Points
- M&A Financial Advisory Review
- Global M&A (view report here)
- Worldwide Deal Making Reaches US$5.9 Trillion Besting Full Year Record
- Private Equity Backed M&A Hits All-Time High; SPACs Account For 10% of Value
- Deals Between US$1-US$5 Billion Double; Mega Deals Up 30%
- Emerging Markets M&A (view report here)
- Emerging Markets Deal Making Up 39% to All-Time High
- China, India & Brazil Drive 55% of Emerging Market M&A
- Mega Deals Account for 18% of Announced Emerging Markets Value
- Global M&A (view report here)
- Global Equity Capital Markets Review (view report here)
- Global ECM Activity Up 19%; Breaks All-Time Record
- Global IPO’s Top $400 Billion For Record Full Year Record
- Over 4,600 Secondary Offerings Come To Market; All-Time Record
- Supplemental overview into the SPAC Market for the full year 2021
- Global Debt Capital Markets Review (view report here)
- Global Debt Capital Markets Activity Down 3% To US$10.2 Trillion
- Investment Grade Corporate Debt Issuance Falls 6%
- Global High Yield Debt Pushes Past $600 Billion for All-Time Record
- Global Syndicated Loans Review (view report here)
- Global Syndicated Lending Up 49% to All-Time High
- Acquisition-Related Financing Up 70% to Three-Year High
- Real Estate, Consumer and Healthcare Lead Advancing Industries
- U.S. Municipals Public Finance Review (view report here)
- Municipal Bond Issuance Up 1% to All-Time High
- Taxable Municipal Bonds Decline 18% From 2020 Levels
- New Money Offerings Hit All-Time High; Refundings Fall 23%
Source: Refinitiv Deals Intelligence
Taylor Cable will lead Cowen Digital’s European and Asian activities.
This opens the door for the delivery of the first live intraday repo market.
The deal combines HSBC Canada's strength in international products with RBC's breadth of capabilities.
C.S. Venkatakrishnan said his prognosis is excellent and his condition is curable.
The agencies found a shortcoming related to data quality and data management.