LSEG Revenue Growth Expected to be at Upper End of Guidance08.03.2023
Delivering on our growth potential: strong H1 performance; 2023 revenue growth expected to be towards the upper end of 6-8% guidance
David Schwimmer, CEO said:“LSEG delivered strong, broad-based growth in the first half. Data & Analytics is growing faster than it has for many years, with the ongoing improvements to our offering and strengthened customer relationships increasingly reflected in financial performance. Post Trade once again demonstrated the critical role it plays in helping customers manage risk in uncertain markets, delivering outstanding growth. Our Capital Markets businesses also made progress, despite a very strong prior period. LSEG’s resilient business model and the quality of our earnings, diversified by customer, geography, product and asset class, position us well for further growth in the second half and beyond.“
Through our multi-year investment programme we are delivering better solutions and higher customer satisfaction, and building a faster-growing, more scalable business. We are progressing well with the implementation phase of our transformational strategic partnership with Microsoft, with customers beginning to see the benefits from next year.”
|Six months ending 30 June, reported||2023
|Constant currency variance %||Organic
|Total income (excl. recoveries)||3,990||3,569||11.8%||7.9%||6.5%|
|Total income (incl. recoveries)||4,179||3,735||11.9%||7.8%||6.4%|
|Adjusted earnings per share||160.9||167.4||(3.9%)|
|Profit before tax||662||803||(17.6%)|
|Basic earnings per share||77.2||98.0||(21.2%)|
|Dividends per share||35.7||31.7||12.6%|
- Total income (excl. recoveries) up 7.9%; up 11.8% on a reported basis
- Accelerating growth in Q2: Total income (excl. recoveries) up 8.4% vs Q2 2022
- Broad-based growth: Data & Analytics +7.6%, Capital Markets +1.5%, Post Trade +19.2%
- Strong subscription revenue: organic annual subscription value (ASV) up 6.9% at June 2023, consolidating the significant improvements made over the last two years
- Good profitability: adjusted EBITDA up 5.8%. EBITDA and margin impacted by non-cash FX-related balance sheet adjustments. On track to deliver full year adjusted EBITDA margin around 48%3 excluding these items
- Basic EPS -21.2% on a reported basis; adjusted EPS -3.9% to 160.9 pence, impacted by non-cash FX items and higher effective tax rate
- Updated leverage target of 1.5-2.5x operating net debt to adjusted EBITDA (previously 1.0-2.0x) reflecting diversified and recurring nature of the Group’s revenues; day-to-day leverage expected around the middle of this range (H1 2023: 1.8x); no credit rating impact anticipated
Strategic progress and outlook
- Full year constant currency growth in total income (excl. recoveries) now expected to be towards the upper end of the +6-8% guidance range
- Other 2023 targets reiterated: adjusted EBITDA margin c.48%3, business-as-usual capex c.£750 million4
- Connecting our businesses: £107 million runrate revenue synergy delivery at end of H1; FXall/Tradeweb solution for EM debt now live
- Investing in our products: Acadia acquisition reinforces our leading position in Post Trade solutions; new FX Matching platform to launch in H2
- Harnessing the power of AI technologies: AI embedded in many products, incl. new Advanced Dealing solution for FX; partnering with customers as they deploy AI technologies
- Strong start to Microsoft partnership: good progress on product development, Design Partner Programme set up
- Significant shareholder returns: interim dividend +12.6% to 35.7p, £400 million returned via buyback in H1; up to £750 million directed buyback expected by April 2024
Companies listed on the Saudi Exchange can apply for a secondary listing in Hong Kong.
Open interest in CME crypto derivatives has continued to increase.
The Bermuda Monetary Authority has approved perpetual futures for eligible non-US retail customers.
The new exchange launched operations with three symbols.
Crypto platforms are frequently not as decentralised as they first appear, which presents some risks.