MIAX Exchange Group Reports Year-To-Date Record Volume07.11.2022
Miami International Holdings, Inc. (MIH) today reported June 2022 trading results for its U.S. exchange subsidiaries – MIAX®, MIAX Pearl® and MIAX Emerald® (together, the MIAX Exchange Group™), and Minneapolis Grain Exchange (MGEX™).
MIAX Exchange Group reported record year-to-date volume of 662.8 million contracts through June 2022, with MIAX® Options, MIAX Emerald®, MIAX Pearl Equities™ and @MGEX1 all reporting record year-to-date volumes. Learn more in our press release: https://t.co/zQ9gqMoiH1. pic.twitter.com/7y07vRagqT
— MIAX Exchange Group (@MIAXexchange) July 8, 2022
June 2022 Trading Volume Highlights
- Total U.S. multi-listed options market share for the MIAX Exchange Group reached 13.74%, down 171 basis points year-over-year (YoY) and representing an 11.1% decrease. A total of 101.9 million multi-listed options contracts were executed on the MIAX Exchange Group, representing a 20.2% decrease YoY and an average daily volume (ADV) of 4,852,472 contracts. Total year-to-date (YTD) volume reached a record 662.8 million contracts, an increase of 2.6% from the same period in 2021.
- MIAX Options reported record YTD volume of 273.2 million contracts, up 12.1% from the same period in 2021, with volume reaching 42.9 million contracts in June 2022, a 22.6% YoY decrease. MIAX Emerald reported record YTD volume of 171.1 million contracts, a 5.7% increase from the same period in 2021, with volume totaling 22.4 million contracts in June 2022, a 16.4% YoY decrease. MIAX Pearl reported YTD volume of 218.4 million contracts, a 9.1% decrease from the same period in 2021, with volume totaling 36.6 million contracts in June 2022, a 19.5% YoY decrease.
- In U.S. equities, MIAX Pearl Equities™ reported monthly volume of 2.4 billion shares in June 2022, representing a 236.1% increase YoY and a market share of 0.89%. Total YTD volume reached a record 15.3 billion shares, a 513.5% increase from the same period in 2021.
- MGEX, a Designated Contract Market (DCM) and Derivatives Clearing Organization (DCO), reported trading volume of 347,471 contracts in June 2022, a 15.8% decrease YoY. Total YTD volume reached a record 1,787,014 contracts, an increase of 0.2% from the same period in 2021.
- SPIKES® Futures volume totaled 63,343 contracts in June 2022, a 53.4% increase from the 41,289 contract total in May 2022 and representing an ADV of 3,016 contracts.
The new futures will help customers manage sovereign debt risk in Europe.
HKEX launched its first A-shares index futures contract in October 2021.
Euro-denominated cryptocurrencies are the second highest traded fiat behind the U.S. dollar.
All fixed income workflows can be handled from one application.
Margin and collateral are a new use case for bond ETFs.