SEC Announces Annual Regulatory Agenda06.14.2021
The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs released the Spring 2021 Unified Agenda of Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions. The report, which includes contributions related to the Securities and Exchange Commission, lists short- and long-term regulatory actions that administrative agencies plan to take.
“To meet our mission of protecting investors, maintaining fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitating capital formation, the SEC has a lot of regulatory work ahead of us,” said SEC Chair Gary Gensler. “I look forward collaborating with my fellow commissioners and the dedicated staff to propose and finalize rules that will strengthen our markets, increase transparency, and safeguard investors.”
SEC announces annual regulatory agenda today.
Read more: https://t.co/FIz0wnUN2H
— SEC_News (@SEC_News) June 11, 2021
Notable proposed and final SEC rulemaking areas include:
- Disclosure relating to climate risk, human capital, including workforce diversity and corporate board diversity, and cybersecurity risk
- Market structure modernization within equity markets, treasury markets, and other fixed income markets
- Transparency around stock buybacks, short sale disclosure, securities-based swaps ownership, and the stock loan market
- Investment fund rules, including money market funds, private funds, and ESG funds
- 10b5-1 affirmative defense provisions
- Unfinished work directed by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, including, among other things, securities-based swaps and related rules, incentive-based compensation arrangements, and conflicts of interest in securitizations
- Enhancing shareholder democracy
- Special purpose acquisition companies
- Mandated electronic filings and transfer agents
Additional information on SEC’s full agenda can be found here.
SEC staff have been asked prepare new rule proposals for retail stock order handling and execution.
AllianceBernstein will deconsolidate Bernstein Research from its financial statements after closing.
The enhancements provide actionable insights within one click.
Increased volatility drives the buy side to take a closer look at how they are trading.
Fixed income and data services had a record performance in the third quarter.