01.08.2018

TP ICAP Acquires US Broker

01.08.2018

TP ICAP plc announces that is has acquired SCS Commodities Corp (“SCS”), an independent energy and commodities broker based in the US.

SCS has expertise in crude oil futures, soft commodities, petroleum and refined products, natural gas options and crude oil options.  It has 26 brokers who provide clients with continuous coverage of energy markets around the world including pre-trade intelligence and execution expertise of high volume trades, including blocks, inter-commodity spreads and complex option strategies.

SCS was founded in 1991. It is being sold by its five partners who together own 98% of the business, and by a corporate entity which owns the remaining 2%.  The primary partners who are responsible for generating revenues will remain with the business after the acquisition and continue to develop it.

SCS will become part of TP ICAP’s energy and commodities division which provides global coverage of a wide range of energy and commodities products through its leading brands to a diverse client base.  The acquisition continues the expansion of the division’s specialist execution expertise.

The consideration for the acquisition is an initial payment in cash, and further performance related amounts, also in cash, may be made at various dates over the next 5 years.

For the year ended 31 December 2016, SCS made revenues of $14.3m and profits before tax of $0.8m. At 31 December 2016 it had gross assets of $4.2m.

Source: TP ICAP

Related articles

  1. LME Looks to Chinese Growth

    The Managed Funds Association said LME has undermined confidence in its ability to oversee markets.

  2. CME Expands Metals Suite

    Lawsuits have been filed against the LME’s decision.

  3. From The Markets

    Jane Street Sues LME

    The claim challenges the LME’s cancellation of alleged nickel contracts executed on 8 March 2022.

  4. Volatility Futures Broaden Appeal

    The exchange launched on March 29 this year.

  5. Volatility Futures Broaden Appeal

    Micro WTI Crude Oil futures surpass 50,000 contracts traded.