Tradeweb Markets Launches U.S. Corporate Bond Trading
NEW YORK, NY (October 29, 2014) – Tradeweb Markets, the leading global provider of fixed income and derivatives marketplaces, announced the launch of a new U.S. corporate bond trading platform for institutional investors. The Tradeweb U.S. Corporate Bond Marketplace delivers enhanced price discovery, trade negotiation and automated processing with live, streaming prices for round-lot trades. Also supporting flexible request-for-quote (RFQ) and list trading protocols for both round- and odd-lot trades, more than 60 investors and 30 liquidity providers have joined the Tradeweb platform.
“The corporate bond market has reached an inflection point where investor demand and market conditions are driving the need for greater price transparency and connectivity,” said Billy Hult, President of Tradeweb Markets. “Innovation in electronic trading is the key to enhancing liquidity across the sector, and our new offering represents the first step forward in providing clients with a total solution for credit trading.”
“The addition of U.S. credit trading to our institutional marketplace is a natural extension of our expertise and success in delivering greater efficiency in fixed income and derivatives trading,” said Lee Olesky, CEO of Tradeweb Markets. “We’re excited about the positive feedback we’ve received from investors so far, and we’re heavily invested in bringing innovation to this space over the long term.”
The platform will initially support trading of U.S. denominated investment grade corporate bonds. Investors will have pre-trade transparency and real price integrity with 95% certainty that their orders will be filled on streaming prices. The platform also introduces a fully redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) to support a diverse range of innovative tools for aggregating information, generating trade ideas and executing efficiently, including:
- REALstreams: transact seamlessly on thousands of live, streaming prices from liquidity providers
- RFQ Flexibility: leverage existing relationships to see prices from up to 5 liquidity providers on Round-lot trades with Focus-RFQs, or survey all liquidity providers for Odd-lot prices in a Blast RFQ or list trade
- Single Dealer Pages: pre-trade transparency of pricing, inventory and axes from each liquidity provider
- Trade Docket: an order management tool that prioritizes trades in a customized, sortable list
- Integrated Message-to-Trade: chat bilaterally with key relationships for color and context, negotiate pricing, then click through to a trade ticket for seamless electronic trade execution
- Search: advanced search functionality (with auto-complete) enables investors to instantly filter through the investment grade corporate bond universe for liquid and illiquid issues
About Tradeweb Markets
Tradeweb Markets builds and operates many of the world’s most efficient financial marketplaces, providing market participants with greater transparency in fixed income and derivatives. Focused on applying technology to enhance the trade lifecycle, Tradeweb pioneered straight-through-processing in fixed income and now supports marketplaces for over 20 asset classes with electronic execution, processing, post-trade analysis and market data in an integrated workflow. Tradeweb Markets serves the dealer-to-customer markets through the Tradeweb institutional platform, inter-dealer trading through Dealerweb, and the retail fixed income community on Tradeweb Direct. Customers rely on Tradeweb to drive the evolution of fixed income and derivatives through flexible trading architecture and more efficient, transparent markets.