Tradeweb Reports YTD Activity
Tradeweb posted its Monthly Activity Report for July, which captures fixed income, derivatives and ETF trading volume on the platform for the first 7 months of the year.
Most noteworthy trends include:
- Strong Year Shaping Up for Trading Firms: Through July of 2018, year-to-date trading volume on the Tradeweb platform is up 40%, putting the firm on pace for a record year of trading activity in 2018.
- Derivatives Post Strongest Growth: A great deal of this growth is being driven by activity in rates derivatives, which have seen their July 2018 average daily volumes (ADV) increase 158.4% year-over-year.
- Credit & Equities Derivatives Volumes Climb: Global equity derivatives ADV is up 351.55% and global credit derivatives volume is also up 80.16% year-over-year on the Tradeweb platform.
- Retail Trading Activity Shows Shift to Shorter Maturities: Corporate and municipal debt trading activity executed by financial advisors and RIAs has shifted to shorter maturities, with 26% of ADV now focused on 1-3 year maturity securities, up from 21% a year ago.
- World Cup/Mid-Week U.S. Independence Day Slow July Monthly Volumes: While year-to-date volumes continue to surge, monthly volumes for July did slow vs. June totals. The slow-down was most pronounced in the first half of the month, which was punctuated by a mid-week Independence Day holiday in the U.S. and eight mid-week World Cup games. As evidence of the estimated impact, ADV of U.S. Treasuries rose 15.6% and U.S. High-Grade Credit increased 46.6% on Tradeweb platforms in the second half of July.
The full Tradeweb Monthly Activity Report for July 2018 is available here.
Volumes of sustainable debt surpassed $1.6 trillion in 2021.
Growth was driven largely by the 19% rise in interest rate products.
The consolidated quote system for corporate bonds has raised funds to expand outside the US.
U.S. Treasury has issued over $450bn of 20-year bonds since May 2020.
SEC requires a review of data on non-listed securities before initiating or resuming quotes.