UK-Focused Equity Funds Pummelled in May06.08.2022
UK-focused equity funds were pummelled with more large outflows in May. May’s flight for the exits extended outflows from UK-focused funds to a record twelve consecutive months, longer than for any other segment of the market.
Latest in from our Fund Flow Index: UK-focused #equityfunds were pummelled with more large outflows in May – extending outflows from UK-focused funds to a record twelve consecutive months, longer than for any other segment of the market: https://t.co/MFjX3imsSk pic.twitter.com/ZARTwMlyTA
— Calastone (@CalastoneLtd) June 7, 2022
Key highlights from this month’s FFI:
- May saw net outflows of £826m for UK-focused equity funds – the three worst months on record for UK equity funds have been in 2022
- UK smaller companies accounted for 1/6th of the May outflow – double their share of fund values
- Income funds represent a safe haven in inflationary times and enjoyed inflows in May
- Across all equity funds, outflows were £310m
- Year-to-date ‘regular’ equity funds have shed £3.7bn but ESG funds have garnered a net £2.8bn
- Property funds, also commonly viewed as an inflation hedge, saw outflows fall to their lowest level in almost four years
To read further insights from the FFI, please click through this link.
Richard Turner of Insight Investment sees more automation and more transparency around cost and outcomes.
The suite enables GAM to seamlessly manage market risk exposure and liquidity and investment risk.
Asset manager anticipates an SEC decision on converting its fund to a spot bitcoin ETF by early July.
Fidelity continues to hire thousands to support cryptocurrency.
Net sales registered net outflows of €3bn, compared to €42bn in March 2022.