ETFs in Europe Gathered a New Monthly Record02.11.2022
ETFGI, a leading independent research and consultancy firm covering trends in the global ETFs ecosystem, reported that ETFs and ETPs listed in Europe gathered a new monthly record of US$29.06 billion during January surpassing the prior record of US$27.17 Bn gathered in December 2020. Assets invested in the European ETFs industry have decreased by 1.9%, from US$1.60 trillion at the end of December, to US$1.57 trillion, according to ETFGI’s January European ETFs and ETPs industry landscape insights report, the monthly report which is part of an annual paid-for research subscription service. (All dollar values in USD unless otherwise noted.)
- Amundi, having completed the Lyxor acquisition, is now the 2nd largest ETF issuer in Europe with 13.4% market share
- Record monthly net inflows of $29.06 Bn beating the prior record of $27.17 Bn in December 2020.
- $202.19 billion in net inflows gathered in the past 12 months.
- 22nd month of consecutive net inflows
- Assets of $1.57 trillion invested in ETFs industry in Europe at the end of January are the second highest on record.
- Assets decreased 1.9% YTD in 2022, going from $1.60 trillion at the end of 2021, to $1.57 trillion.
- Equity ETFs and ETPs listed in Europe gathered a record $24.94 Bn in net inflows 2022.
“The S&P 500 decreased by 5.17% in January. Developed markets excluding the US, experienced a loss of 5.33% in January. All countries in developed markets experienced losses, with New Zealand suffering the biggest loss of 14.35%. Emerging markets decreased by 0.94% during January. Chile (up 12.44%) and Colombia (up 12.36%) gained the most, whilst Russia (down 8.74 %) and Poland (down 4.82%) witnessed the largest declines.” According to Deborah Fuhr, managing partner, founder and owner of ETFGI.
Read More – https://t.co/5GiKUyK4Lm
— ETFGI (@etfgi) February 10, 2022
At the end of January 2022, the European ETFs industry had 2,632 products, with 10,371 listings, assets of $1,57 trillion, from 88 providers listed on 29 exchanges in 24 countries.
Equity ETFs/ETPs listed in Europe reported net inflows of $24.94 Bn during January, higher than the $15.92 Bn in net inflows equity products had attracted in January 2021. Fixed income ETFs/ETPs listed in Europe had net inflows of $2.79 Bn during January, greater than the $2.10 Bn in net inflows fixed income products had reported at this point in 2021. Commodity ETFs/ETPs reported $1.54 Bn in net inflows, which is lower than the $2.36 Bn in net inflows commodities products had gathered over the same period in 2021. Active ETFs/ETPs listed in Europe reported net inflows of $129 Mn, higher than the $131 in net outflows active products had attracted in January 2021.
Dalio founded the hedge fund 47 years ago.
2022 is worst year on record for outflows from equity funds.
Liability-Driven Investing strategies in UK pensions were affected by the Gilt market turmoil.
Ethereum-based products witnessed one of their most challenging months in September.
Emerging technology may enable a powerful re-imagining of active management.